Palouse-Rock Lake Conservation District

Phone: +1.5096483680      Address: 3 N. Park Street, St. john WA 99171    

The Department of Ecology requires a permit for most ag burning. We are authorized to to issue full field as well as spot burning permits at the PRLCD office. However, non-agricultural burning does not require a burn permit. All burning must comply with burn bans.

Applications are available at the PRLCD office or printed from the links below. Also, remember to bring your field maps of desired burn locations!

The Agricultural Burning rule (Chapter 173-430 WAC) was revised effective May 13, 2019.

Permit Fees
FeeMinimum FeeVariable Fee

Field burning

$37.50 for 10 acres$3.75 for each additional acre
Spot burning$37.50 for 10 acres
Pile burning$80 for first 80 tons$1 for each additional ton

Do I Need a Burn permit??


  • Fencelines
  • Ditches
  • Irrigation Canals
  • Windblown vegetation/weeds
  • Orchard Prunings


  • ‚ÄčSmall spots of field residue
  • Post-harvest crop and field residue
  • Cereal grain stubble
  • Bales
  • Orchards